Monday, April 4, 2022

SANHEDRIN - Lights On review


 

SANHEDRIN - Lights On

Metal Blade Records


I've been listening to this on and off since it came out in early March. I pretty much put it on the back burner while I caught up with other stuff on the review list. But I can honestly say this has become a favorite album for me in 2022. If you like Metal that reminds ya of the 1980's, and not hair metal but true metal, then this is a band you'll love. 


SANHEDRIN are a three piece act from New York City. The band is made up of Erica Stoltz on bass/vocals, Jeremy Sosville on guitar/backing vocals and Nathan Honor on drums. The band has been around since 2015 and this is their third full length. 


I kinda hate myself for not knowing about this band earlier since their second album, The Poisoner from 2019, came out on Cruz del Sur records. Yeah how did I ignore that? But anyways Erica was once in two bands that I do know about. Those being AMBER ASYLUM and HAMMERS OF MISFORTUNE. Guitarist Jeremy Sosville is supposedly still in BLACK ANVIL.  


Anyways this is total 80's worshiping Metal and it's just damm good. You've got some all out rockers like opener "Correction" which has a PRIEST touch to it. "Change Takes Forever" is also a rocker. Then there's a few melodic rockers like the title cut plus "Lost At Sea". But in all honesty this album is perfect from start to finish.   


https://www.metalblade.com/us/

LISTEN HERE:

https://thesanhedrin.bandcamp.com/



No comments: