Friday, January 18, 2019

MEKA - Ending My Life to Destroy Yours review



MEKA - Ending My Life to Destroy Yours 

Redefining Darkness Records




Alright a three song demo (?) from a Ohio band who I have no info about. They're so kvlt that they don't even have a Facebook page. OK joking aside I have to say the title of this is cool. It's one that you would've expected from Greece's black metal haters of humanity DODSFERD. But like I said MEKA hail from Ohio or more precisely Toledo, the bowels of to be far more exact. 


Musically the tagline on this is " filthy, noisy, blackened metal". OK but lets not forget there's plenty of brooding sludge metal rhythms as well as touches of industrial atmospherics. To top it all off you've got a maniac screamer as well as sickening guitar leads that'll make the weak vomit profusely. The bottom line here is that what you have here is a cauldron over a hot flame filled to the brim with a savory blackened goo. Original? Hell no but the potential is there for something exciting. 


http://www.redefiningdarkness.com/

https://redefiningdarknessrecords.bandcamp.com/album/m-ka-ending-my-life-to-destroy-yours 



No comments: