Monday, January 2, 2017

Graham Bonnet Band - The Book review



Graham Bonnet Band - The Book 

Frontiers Records  


When I was young. Like 14 or 15 maybe 16. I used to listen to a weird local radio station in Indiana. Sometimes they would play full albums. I know right? Seems crazy today. But it really happened back then. So one day I was listening. They announced that they were gonna play the new MSG album Assault Attack. Well I was already a big fan of UFO & I had recently heard Michael Schenker's song "On And On" also on the radio a lot back then. I was ready to hear this. Upon listening I discovered MSG had a new vocalist. I liked it. I liked it a lot. Not realizing He was the same guy that had just left Rainbow. Which at the time I was not really familiar with. But anyway. That was the beginning of Me being a life long Graham Bonnet fan. A couple years later I heard Alkatrazz and was blown away. 


Since then I've always tried to check out whatever He was doing. So hearing about this albums release I had to order up and score Me one.  How is it?  Great , Damn good. exactly what You would expect. Of course He's got a great band behind Him as usual. Mark Zonder of cult metal legends Warlord on drums. I never heard of guitarist Conrado Pesinato. But of course He's a classic heavy metal melodic hard rock shredder. Very solid start to finish every song rocks. "Into The night", "The Book", "Strangest Day" all great new originals by Graham.  

Strangely but cool is the fact this CD includes an entire second CD of classic Graham Bonnet related songs, re-recorded By his current band. Why ? I guess sometimes people do this to be able to market and profit. From songs they may no longer or previously did not have the rights too. Like say selling music to soundtracks for films etc. Or countries where those songs may not be currently available. For whatever reason. Its quality stuff. Songs like Eyes Of The World & God Made Video. Are actually better then the originals. There are also a couple really cool promo videos from this album on Youtube. And a nice 4 part documentary on His recent tour of Europe. So yeah I'm glad I bought this ! You should too.


Andy's Rating: 4&1/2 stars

http://www.grahambonnetband.com/

http://www.frontiers.it/  


No comments: