Monday, March 25, 2019

VOUS AUTRES - Champ du sang review



VOUS AUTRES - Champ du sang

Sludgelord Records




A week ago my boss came up to me and asked if there was a full moon out because two people called out. I told him no because if there was I'd be outside running around naked being chased by professionals. Needless to say when I listened to this the first time it gave me that same sensation of ripping one's self away and running free. What this French two piece blackened sludge act does is not groundbreaking. But as with most Sludgelord Records releases it takes a Doom genre staple and gives it a refreshing take. 


I really am in awe of this release whether it's the full on aggression or the tranquil tones this duo plays with as if they're gods of the darkness tinkering with our lives. I'd come home from work late at night, pop open a beer and listen to this release as if it was my sustenance. Frankly it's a more instrumental piece but when the seething harsh vocals do come forth they're like stab wounds. We're talking an hour's worth of torture as well as pleasure here and there. What with a huge sloth of melancholy pared with a dark labyrinth of sound, imagination and a comfort zone set on the prescience of evil.


This release falls into a category I like to call mood music. It's something you play just for yourself. Don't share it with others. Turn it on, most likely late at night, and just let the waves of sounds whether thunderous or atmospheric wash over you. 


https://thesludgelord.bandcamp.com/album/champ-du-sang

https://www.facebook.com/vousautresband/


No comments: