Monday, December 3, 2018

BLAZE INFERNAL - Demo MMXVIII review



BLAZE INFERNAL - Demo MMXVIII

Self Released




This one was interesting to say the least. The opening cut, "The Beginning" is basically a minute and a half of someone breathing heavy. Ya know decades ago you would have creeps call women on the phone and do that. Of course we're talking about a time before cell phones and caller ID. And no I've never done it. Then again it also sounded like someone who smokes and just ran a block to catch a bus because you know the driver will never stop for ya. Trust me on that one because I do take public transportation. That prick diver will pass you running and go to the next stop.


Now when the second cut, "Gods Amongst Men" commenced I understood what was up with the first cut. That was the drummer of this band breathing hard after his blitz of drum work on this song. The guy is a maniac and hails to him. Of course this release came to my attention via e-mail. I get a lot of nicely worded e-mails from bands asking to please check out our release because we need press, blah, blah, blah. So sure I check their music out and I'm like "Ah, it's a leper".


But this one was different. I have to say the heavy breathing part got me interested and good for that. BLAZE INFERNAL are a three piece act, who have no drummer according to their info. Duh I feel stupid. But hey this Indonesian act creates a sound that incorporates a multi-faceted approach to varied death metal genres. There's some fluid leads on their two actual tracks that will make you think Floridian DM circa 1990. They've got that full on brutality from where-ever. And then there's some melody intertwined. 

Oh yeah and that was all condensed into one song, the seven minute "Gods Amongst Men". The third cut, "To the Void... (Godless Is Truth)" is is basically some death thrash with an incredible lead which Ralph Santolla (RIP) would smile at. This band from Indonesia doesn't need a demo. They need a full length.


https://blazeinfernal.bandcamp.com/releases

https://www.facebook.com/Blaze-Infernal-868723293338396/




No comments: