Friday, December 14, 2018

MY MINDS MINE - Passengers Of The Void review



MY MINDS MINE - Passengers Of The Void

Selfmadegod Records




Strangely enough I think I had a copy of this band's first 7"er from the fuckin late 90s. Their name is where I see a connection. I use to have a lot of crazy stuff from back in the day. Hell maybe it came to me via a tape trade and I still might have the cassette? No I'm not going to bother looking for it. Be that as it may MY MINDS MINE is a grindcore band from Holland who go back a ways as in yeah the late fuckin 90s.


Now while yeah they're old school grind the band did take a break in 2002 which turned into over a decade of silence. They came back a few years ago with a few splits (they're grindcore what else are they gonna do). So Passengers Of The Void is their first full length since 2002's Scenes of the Complete Annihilation of This Planet. Something else of note is that after 2002 their singer/screamer Rosco (aka: Wieger Dijkstra) and bassist Bert Haven went onto form a power violence act called BLOOD I BLEED.


Passengers Of The Void sounds, and I'm being liberal in that term, like a blending of old grindcore MY MINDS MINE and the full on noisy power violence barrage of BLOOD I BLEED. Seriously once you go to fuckin power violence you never come back, just ask Chris Dodge. But anyways this release is not metal as far as modern day grind would be. It's more to the punk side of the genre.


https://selfmadegod.com/shop/en_US/index

https://selfmadegod.bandcamp.com/album/passengers-of-the-void

https://www.facebook.com/mymindsmine/?ref=br_rs




No comments: