Monday, December 10, 2018

TROLLWAR - Oath of The Storm review



TROLLWAR - Oath of The Storm

Self Released




To my Canadian readership I have a question. Are there any trolls in Quebec? Now lets be nice because I know some of you are separatists. And lets not be mean to the tourists from down here in the states who pop over the border to buy a few things. I'm semi-serious here (no I'm not). Oh well chances are I'll never get a straight answer on whether or not trolls, a creature of myth, actually reside in Quebec. But they have a band who resides in Quebec who have it in their name.


TROLLWAR, I'm sad to say this but you're a decade late. The great Pagan Metal explosion ended in 2010. I've got a whole shelf of CD releases from those days. Now unless you feel like leading the next vanguard of a revival well you definitely have what it takes. 


On this the band's second full length they capture the best aspects of melding melodic death metal with folk structures. Their use of accordion and keyboards works well in two fold. The keys give off a symphonic presence while the accordion provides melody. Their song structures are full on majestic with typical yet aggressive riffage. And of course the caustic warrior vocals make it a winner. TROLLWAR easily stand toe to toe with past greats of this very special metal genre.



https://trollwar.bandcamp.com/

https://www.facebook.com/Trollwar


No comments: