Friday, December 28, 2018

DISUSE- The Yeti From Kad-Man-Ra EP review



DISUSE- The Yeti From Kad-Man-Ra EP

EveryDayHate




I use to know this guy who was into metal and hardcore. He also had a job that sent him abroad, mostly to Europe, at least once a month. While over there on business he had time off to do site seeing as well as go to music festivals and shows. But while telling me about them whenever I'd see him. He'd piss me off because he'd tell me about going to all these cool shows but never stayed long enough to catch what all was going on. So he cut all his stories short.


Which brings me to this band here. DISUSE are a four piece grindcore act from Holland. They're the band that's making Amsterdam grind again. On this their second EP this year the band grinds their way through fourteen songs in a little over five minutes. Yeah that's correct I said five minutes. So how do they do that and how does that relate to my story in the previous paragraph?


Well it's simple you see while my friend never finished a story about his trips. DISUSE never finish a damm song. Seriously there's only a few cuts on here that have something you could refer to as having a time limit. For the most part DISUSE will not allow grass to grow underneath them. Many of their songs start out great with a cool riff or groove pattern and then bamm, it stops and you're left there thinking Whatafuck?


After multiple plays of this release, and at five minutes that's easy, it's obvious DISUSE are making grind old school back to it's early hardcore origins again. As much as I want more song length to my appreciation of grindcore at least this Dutch band has not gone the way of avant-grind extremity. Hell their cut "Scumbag City", all four seconds of it, could be my ringtone.


With some barked grunt and screamed vocals, Tupperware sounding drums, an ugly early death metal guitar tone and a barely audible bass, these Dutch individuals do end up making a threatening release. Which for me, even with my personal take aside, is fun. 


http://www.everydayhate.pl/

https://disuse.bandcamp.com/album/the-yeti-from-kad-man-ra

https://www.facebook.com/disusegrind/


No comments: